Wednesday 21 January 2015

The Sign for Corney Reach

I wasn't sure if I could find the path.  I had seen the sign, Corney Reach, five miles, about 30 minutes ago; but it didn't feel like it was within reach.

Why was it that even in my panic, I found myself singing: "the only man who could ever reach me, was the son of a preacher man"?  It must have been to do with the sign for Corney Reach.

I saw a pub sign in the distance with its sign swinging to and fro in the wind. That must be The Little Drummer pub, I thought, but with the wind blowing, it seemed quite a way to go to The Little Drummer.

I felt angry with myself for taking things at face value. When I met the bearded man in the bar, I knew that he took the car for a trial run, but I never thought he would steal it.  That was my only possession and now I was stranded out in the wild, windy countryside, trying to find the path.
 
The copyright of this post belongs to Jane Kunna

No comments:

Post a Comment